Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Wine Wedneday

Tonight I had the unique opportunity to bring together many parts of my SF life into one room. I invited Lara, from my old job at Jobvite, and Rosey, who I met at Microsoft Bay.NET meetings, and Sarah, who is part of my Euchre group. Rosey also brought Dave, Shaun, and her roomie Fiona.We went ot a wine bar on Grant St. that I've been wanting to go to ever since I first got to San Fran, called Rouge & Blanc.

Conversation ranged from work to Europe, to hip-hop in the Republican party. Everyone had a chance to talk and listen. Sometimes the whole group would listen to one person's story, and sometimes there were three conversations going on between six people. I loved it because everyone, despite not knowing each other before hand, got along very well. By the end of the night we were talking about where to go the next week! So we're heading to the Press Club, where they have the wines of several wineries, and it's really a wine-tasting place. I feel really good about having a small group that wants to get together on an ongoing basis.

No comments: