Thursday, February 5, 2009

Unemployed Sick Day at No Cost

I woke up at 8:30am today to be able to answer a 9am phone call from my recruiter at TekSystems. She's got a job for me working at a company called GoodBarry (my phone screen interview with GoodBarry is on Monday). I had some waffles with syrup and immediately felt nauseated. So I turned on USA and laid out on my couch.

It was a waste of a day in many aspects because I didn't get much done, but when I thought about it, today was nice because I didn't have to ask for a sick day. I just called up myself and said "Hey self, I'm feeling sick and thought I'd stay home." Works out nicely because I would have been staying home anyway aside from a few errands around town.

But I also miss working. I miss adding value to something bigger than myself. I miss having work friends who roll their eyes and shake their head at me. I miss all the things that evn working form home couldn't get me. I miss being part of a group I guess.

No comments: