Friday, February 20, 2009

Having Cake

This is  whiney post. If you don't want to hear me whine, do not read on. It's unjustified complaints because my life really is good, and so I really ought to be thankful, but I want to get this off my chest if only to better assess my mental state.

I'm a little burnt out from the week. Going from sleeping till 4 in he afternoon to waking up at 7 was shock enough. I also had all the regular stresses about starting a new job, wondering if they're still happy with me (turns out they probably are, since I'm working with a client starting next week). Then I also had something in the evening every day this week, and the earliest I got home was 10:30, some nights were almost midnight. So if nothing else I've been shy on sleep. The fun continues this weekend with more meetings and a euchre tournament.

Also draining on my emotions is the aftermath of this weekend. I had a really fun time with Denise and since I wear my heart on my sleeve these days I was hoping it would turn into something more. As you might guess, it is turning into a friendship. I feel like I should be heart broken, but I also feel like it was just one date, so I shouldn't feel anything at all. Essentially I just feel confused on what I should feel. I know I'm starting to feel jaded about being "a nice guy" or "a great guy" because I find myself saying, "How can I be a jack ass slime ball for a change?!?!" I don't really want to be that either, I really just want to be "the right guy", that's all really.

No comments: