Sunday, February 22, 2009

Impatient

Yesterday, it was pointed out to me that I need to be patient (in the context of work). But I think the concept probably applies to more [all?] areas of my life.I kinda disagree that I'm impatient, because my spin on it is that I "have a low tolerance for inefficiency".  It's inefficient for me to wait till I'm 16 to drive if I posses the needed qualities and knowledge at 15. It's inefficient to have to have three people sign a document, when only one of those signatures really matters. It's inefficient for me to write code when you can buy a polished product for less money than my time would cost. I don't think it is efficient for me to go to a bar and wade through the girls who are dating already, and the girls who are not what I want, just to get to the one in the room who will go on a few dates with me and then tell me I'm "nice".

OK, I need to stop because I'm getting complainy. But seriously, a lot of things should work better, and they don't and it's dumb. And so that view makes me impatient.

2 comments:

stabbysox said...

wow, that's... kind of depressing. what's the rush?

TildeWill said...

At some point I will be dead. And hopefully some point before that I will be old. I want things to be great before i get old. preferably before I have kids. Either way I'm asking A LOT.