Monday, March 15, 2010

The Genius of Stan Lee

Women as a whole loathe spiders. I don't really know why. To me, bees are much more frightening (a la "I'm covered in beees!!!!). Put a spider in a room and girls will want to be any where else. Similarly, geeky guys who wear glasses, enjoy genetics and chemistry and physics, have much the same effect on those of the female persuasion.

Spiderman however, has great success. Take a nerd, give him the power to climb walls and sling web, and suddenly they're putty in his hands. We can prove this scientifically, because when Peter Parker takes off the mask and starts acting like a powerless human being, he gets the same reaction that all men of science get (sorry Jeff Goldblum, this applies to you too). Yet, we see that as soon as he reveals his spider-like abilities to a prospect, the panties fly off.

Would you like to make out with me?
Eww! No! Get away dork-face (they still say this well in to their late twenties)

Would you like to make out with me while I hang upside down despite the downpour of rain?
Oh hell yes! Give me some of that sweet spider-lovin'!

I rest my case.

No comments: