Monday, March 15, 2010

Comedy Will Make an Adult of Me Yet

I went to the SFCC's Frisco Sunday Night Jam. They do the short form games, and long form, then open it up to the audience to get on stage and try it out for themselves. In thinking about last week's performance along with some jokes tonight about local places/events I realized that there are plenty of easy laughs if I just read the news.

I have my blogs and tech sources that keep me up to date about stuff I'm interested in. But the audience doesn't care that there's new hardware coming down the pipeline in five years. They care about what's playing in theaters right now, what changes the city is making, and what's going on with the national budget. To be highly effective at what I want to do, I'll have to grow in areas that I've been trying to avoid. I'll start by subscribing to the NY Times, and eventually I'll probably have to round it off with a lot of geography and immersion into other cultures.

Next improv class starts Tuesday!

No comments: