Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Camels, Condors, and Comedy!

Monday was the graduation show for my improv comedy class. Thanks to everyone who wished me well and/or broken legs. A big thanks to the people who made it out to the show. It was a lot easier being on stage knowing that there was support in the crowd. I did, in fact, graduate and I signed up for the second level class, which begins next Tuesday. So if you missed this show, you can catch the next one five weeks from today. Extra big shout out to Lara for recording most of the show - she had to fight off laughter and arms falling asleep and had a battle royal getting the disc door to open. I'll be getting clips on the lazyriver (internet) as soon as I figure out a way to read these tiny discs (damn you slot load!!!!!)

The class was great, and I would highly recommend the SFCC to anyone who wants to get into comedy. The instructors do a great job of keeping morale high and giving you just the right kind of feedback that helps you grow and learn. The people in my class totally rocked it and I'm looking forward to playing with them in Tuesday Company.

Will this be a new career path? Doubtful. Will I have fun doing it? Oh hell yes. Does it remind me to get excited about life? Certainly. Will it bleed in to all that I do? I hope so.

No comments: