Saturday, June 5, 2010

Goodbye Kite, Hello Bike

San Francisco, the city where everyone hikes or rides bikes. I haven't done anything for exercise since my climbing buddy went in to hiding. So I started looking in to getting a road bike. I was in a used bike shop when I noticed they had a big kite on the wall. I asked if they also resold kite surfing gear, like the kind I've been thinking about dragging down to Goodwill. Sure enough they do, so it's on consignment till they unload it. I'm hopeful it'll go fast since it's near the beginning of the season, the stuff is in good condition, and I set a rock bottom price.

So long kite surfing stuff! You were dangerous while I had you.

Next week I'll finalize my bike decision and join the ranks to city dwellers that can get around with some speed. I also hope to enjoy Golden Gate park a lot more this summer, maybe build up to some trips over the bridge or into the peninsula. The bike will be a certain degree of freedom - like being 16 again and getting my license. It also means that should I find a lady to spend my time with, it'll be that much easier to go see her, rather than an hour of cable cars, busses, and trains to get there.

No comments: