Sunday, June 27, 2010

Groupon take me to NYC

I'm perched here at SFO getting ready to board my flight to JFK. Last week I began work on a project at Pivotal Labs for Groupon. There is only one other guy in SFO working on it, but more in NYC and he's going on vacation this week. So rather than have me learn the code on my own and solo, I'm going to check out our NYC office for the first time.

While I'm out there I plan to check out the improv comedy scene and see Asscat if I can. I also want to stop by the Natural History Museum and see some dino remains. It kinda makes me hope that whatever inherits the earth will want to go to the museum of the future and stare at my bones and think, "I wish I had three bones in each of my fingers."

I'll be staying over the 4th of July, so it'll be awesome if I can catch the fireworks over the Statue of Liberty. There's also a swanky bar that has table tennis called Spin that I'm sure the Pivots will hit up with me.

The trip was kind of dropped on me, luckily this week is kind of a slow one for me. I'll miss a rehearsal with my troupe, Reply All. I also miss another Euchre Night - I'm afraid when I finally make it back to euchre no one will recognize me. None the less, it's a trip I've been meaning to take anyway and it'll be nice to roll it in with work stuff to keep the costs down. I'll do my best to take pictures and post 'em here, and you can always go straight to my blog and see the Latitude widget to see exactly where my travels are taking me from moment to moment.

No comments: