Monday, June 28, 2010

NYC First Impressions

OK, so I've been here before - once when I was little and once I drove through Manhattan during rush hour with a huge headache to see how a big-time fencing club does business. So this is different. I'm an adult, with different interests than when I was a kid. I'm also working during the day.

First off, it's hot, and muggy. I forgot about Summer, but this is exactly what the Midwest felt like. I am very thankful my hotel has awesome AC because work did not today. The repair guy came by at the end of the day and seemed to have things straightened out. That said, I enjoy the Pivots I'm working with. I enjoy having a personality to put with Jeff who frequents the pivotal all company mailing list with great technical discussions. And it is comforting to have Chris as part of the team since he recently moved out from SF.

Google Latitude has been keeping up with me, so hopefully you are too via my blog's sidebar or even following me through Latitude. My phone got a lot of new life breathed in to it via iOS4, but I'm still eyeballin' an Android. I need to ask the Sprint ppl how the SF coverage is. NY pedestrian culture is crazy, people cross the streets all the time, no waiting for troublesome signals, just go. Tomorrow night after work I plan to head to an improv show. Wednesday night hang out with the ex-SF Pivots and whoever else wants to come out. Then by the weekend I'll be ready to see some dino bones at the Natural History Museum... maybe being an adult hasn't changed my interests all that much.

No comments: