Sunday, January 25, 2009

Windows Tithe Day

I got a virus somehow. After close to a decade of being virus free, I got one. So it was popping up an add every five minutes or so. Somehhow it also interfered with Windows updating itself. And I was able to take care of both items with some anti virus/adware software, but the last straw was when I couldn't get to Facebook or a couple other sites. I couldn't figure it out. Other computers on the network could get there. but not mine. So it was time to reformat.

Today I'm installing Ubuntu Linux. I think I'll keep a copy of XP installed somewhere, but I'm taking this as a sign that i need to relearn Linux for sharpening my job skills. Fortunatly most of my personal info is in the cloud. And the stuff I do have on my hard drive is on another partition, so this should be fairly straight forward. "Should" being the operative word.

No comments: