Sunday, January 11, 2009

Wedding Report

Friday I boarded a plane to Chicago. The premise was the wedding of my college roommate Brian to his fiancee, Vanessa. But I concluded that weddings are no fun if you go alone (they're ok if you're alone and are standing up in the wedding). I invited Anne who I know from Purdue fencing days (and we still keep in touch pretty regularly). I figured she'd make a good wedding date for three reasons:

  1. She's in the Army and ships out to Iraq in December, so it'll be a whole year or more before I can see her again.

  2. I knew she'd dance. And furthermore, she'd be fun to dance with. I knew I'd never have to drag her out of her chair, and that she'd never roll her eyes at my "awesome dance moves".

  3. She's a good looking gal and her time training has only served as icing on the cake.

No comments: