Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Restauranteur in Arms

Last week we went to a place called Memphis Minnies which served pulled port sandwiches to us. We talked about how I don't like to add sauce to my food, that if the chef intended for there to be sauce, he'd have put it on there before serving it to me. We also talked about politics. I never talk about politics with anyone except maybe Josh. It was then that I learned of Amy's love for ice cream. We found a place that served dessert crepes, and would probably have been good for a meal too. We listened to "Tuesday Morning" by Melissa Etheridge.

Now, a couple of days later, we've also been to the No Hill Cafe. It's an Italian cafe/wine bar that's just a block and a half from where I live. She had tortilini, I had lasagna. Both were good in my opinion, and the conversation didn't disappoint either. We talked about all kinds of things, including a way point on faith and religion. After a brisk walk, we went to the gelato place that the Dickersons helped me find on my birthday. Matt swears by the kiwi gelato. I'm a fan of fruta de bosco. Amy had a scoop of frutta and a scoop of nutella. We listened to "Galileo" by the Indigo Girls and "Standing Outside the Fire" by Garth Brooks.

After examining the bus schedule and the not-so-late hour, we decided a movie was in our best interest. So we hiked a few blocks and popped in my favorite relationship movie, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. When it was over I walked her to the bus stop on Stockton so she could catch the 9X. She had asked for an old sweater to keep her warm on her trek home. She now has my favorite (shhh, don't tell her I gave her something I like) blue hoodie in her possession. I hope that it protects her from the cold, and reminds her of good times until I see her again for a Wii challenge.

No comments: