Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Amy Meyer

12:32am text message from Amy Meyer: "i concur"

It was in response to my previous blog about our escapades of late. But no one says "i concur" but the RCF fencers, Josh and I mostly. Everything about her feels like that - it clicks. We can talk about anything and everything. She's full of life and happy. She's new to the city, so we share that. We met at Euchre night. She grew up in East Lansing and went to college at Arizona State. Now San Francisco is "cold" to her and she doesn't see herself staying more than a year. But in the meantime she's living with her sister in the Haight, but will soon be moving in with her other sister (and her partner and their son) in outer Mission.

She's gorgeous. And she shakes her head when she says something that makes it just a little more sexy than it needed to be. Se came from a fairly religious background, and admits that being a democrat is the only thing that separates her from being her mother. Amy taught in Costa Rico for a year (where she dated a student) teaching English as a second language - big points for being an English teacher in a way. She's also a psych major, like my mom was.

She also says she can cook really well. Basically, if I had a checklist of the perfect future Mrs. Will Read, so far the only empty boxes are brunette (which she says she has mousy brown hair, but it's blond right now) and same age (she's 24, same as Jon). I enjoy every moment I'm with her and I forget about everything bad that may be going on (job stress, paper cut, the whole nine yards). And I long for the next time I get to see her again.

She has my sweater now. I always think it's a good sign when a lady steals your clothes. And things are going slow if they're going that direction. I like it - "friends first" kinda. I hope she feels the same way about me, that I do about her.

No comments: