Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Giving In

I had to admit to myself that I'm not doing enough to meet people. So I decided to follow some advice I found on the internet <insert plan for disaster here>. No, really I signed up on Meetup.com and found myself a Euchre group, a Settlers of Catan group and I saw that there were a good many people looking for a Kiteboarding group. Well I'm no expert, but I can certainly find some if needed. So I started a San Francisco Kiteboarding group. We're going to meet every Thursday at 6:30pm at the field where I usually fly my kite anyway. Easy. The 6 month group ownership set me back $72, but I figure that's a good investment in establishing new friends and will go a long way to getting some value from kiteboarding other than the skill itself. I hope that we'll get a decent turn out and we can get some equipment demos, maybe some sponsorship one day.

No comments: