Thursday, July 8, 2010

When a Thing is Over

The worst part about when a thing is over, aside from the emotional havoc, is that I invariably had something that I was planning to give to her. And it is always something that's very specific to that girl, or that I wrote an inscription on - not the kind thing that you can just regift to someone else. Then I have the three choices: 1) Give/throw it away, 2) keep it, and always be reminded of how things didn't work out, or 3) give it to her after the fact anyway because that's where the gift belonged.

Right now I've got this book I picked up in NYC that has her name on the inside cover. I'm taking votes on what to do with it.

2 comments:

Ladydizzle said...

That is rough man. If it were me and I liked the book, I would use this shit situation as a good excuse to get some cool bookplates made up and slap them in all my books. But you know I just love a good excuse for something crafty.

Ladydizzle said...

That is rough man. If it were me and I liked the book, I would use this shit situation as a good excuse to get some cool bookplates made up and slap them in all my books. But you know I just love a good excuse for something crafty.