Sunday, July 25, 2010

Old Stuff

Tonight I decided to dig through some of the stuff I have squandered away. Old stuff. Lots of cards, many from birthdays and Christmas. There's also a lot of photos. It's sort of my life summary to me in one foot cube. No one else would know what it means, not by itself. I know when things are out of order chronologically, and yet I don't ever try to organize it.

I found a really great card from the Dickersons back when I was living in Cincinnati and they were hundreds of miles apart. Matt bought the card, wrote a message in it, mailed it to Lauren, she wrote her own message in it, then sent it on to me. It's the cool fun stuff like that which makes them an awesome married couple.

It's funny-interesting to me to look at some of the pictures. Like when I was actin in A Midsummer Night's Dream and my mom had me pose next to Nick. I admired the hell out of Nick's acting ability and I remembered feeling like I didn't deserve to be in a picture with him. In hindsight, I was probably intimidating to him as well.

What stood out to me the most from all this history perusing was one thing: Anne and Anne understand me. Both Cyran and Radavich get who Will Read is at his core. Anne C's cards still make me laugh in the way that we first shared a double entendre about wood. Anne R helps me laugh at the embarrassing parts of life. They both get my love for dinosaurs. It gives me a sad when I think that I haven't seen either of them in a long time. Dear Anne & Anne, Seems like it's time for some travel. ~Will

No comments: