Thursday, March 19, 2009

Ten Months in SF

I'm quickly coming up n ten months in the city by the bay. I don't know what to say about it except that it still feels new, but strangely comfortable all at the same time. June 9th will be a full year. I moved in just in time for the warm season, and that was really fantastic.

I haven't missed my car once. There was a chunk of time where I wondered if I would have spent more time living in SF unemployed than I was employed. Thankfully, that wasn't the case. I haven't fenced.

My views of technology and politics are skewed, not from a personal stand point, but what the population at large thinks. Everyone in my office, literally, has an iPhone. I've come to expect people to be able to surf the web anywhere. Similarly, I feel like everyone loved Obama, wants gay marriage and marijuana legalized, but I know that's not the case.

I still ride the cable car as often as I can. Thanks to my new job, I get a monthly pass mailed to me at a pre-tax rate. Aside from someone I know through Euchre, I'm the only native who rides it religiously. Standing on the sideboards is the best, if you're not riding outside, you're better off walking.

No comments: