Monday, June 9, 2008

Not Really

Both Dickerson and Michelle have told me how much they admire me grabbing life by the horns or working proactively to make a change and I think others see my recent move that way too. But I don't feel that way. I feel like I ran out on everything - family, friends, work, hobbies, everything I had come to know and be known for. And for what? A different job essentially. Yeah I get to live in the city, and there is more opportunity here for my career, for meeting people, and forming new hobbies that fit my life style, but the price I pay is that I have to start over from nothing. For as important as I say people are to me, this seems like the most contrary move I could make. It is a gamble more than it is a change. It is more akin to emptying my pockets and putting it all on double zeroes, it will take a while for the ball to drop, and only then will I know if I have just gone for broke or if I just gotten a second chance at life.

1 comment:

lina said...

I think any change in life feels like that, and you made a HUGE change. The fact that you didn't like where things were going and decided to try something new in life IS commendable. The reason is most people never even try something new.

Who knows if you'll find what you're hoping to find. Only time will tell how much the change helped.

Personally, I'm thinking the change can only bring about new experiences and from what I've learned, most new experiences are positive ^_^