Thursday, February 18, 2010

I Freak Out Too Easily

"Let's have a beer later in the week."
"Yeah sounds good, I'll get back to you before Friday"
*doesn't get back to me*

This and any number of situations have happened to me. Most times I find I freak out. "Well he didn't get back to me because he doesn't like me and has better things to do." The problem is that I go and stand in the other person's shoes, but I stand there as myself. "I would have gotten back to me already  if I planned on going." Then I assume, something has gone horribly wrong. Really, I just need to realize, "This guy just forgot, or being prompt isn't a big deal for him, he still wants to go because he said so before." I'm learning to dispute myself this way.

I do wonder why I have to dispute myself in the first place. I really just want to get to the point where my first conclusion is rooted in reality and not in some crazy scenario I cooked up in my head. Also, I think this plays in heavily to my confidence that Lara talked about a while back.

No comments: