Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Starting Monday: I'm an Improv Comedian in Training

As a part of my class in life coaching at San Francisco State University, I was encouraged to focus on one of my strengths, and do something new with it.  The strength I always keep handy is humor and playfulness. I use it readily to meet new people, to diffuse tense situations, and to get a warm feeling inside by making others smile. Starting Monday, I'll be starting down a path to become an improv comedian.

Classes are being held by the San Francisco Comedy College. The improv troupe is called "Frisco" poking fun at all the people who say "Don't call it 'Frisco'". Yeah they're talking about you. Monday nights for 5 weeks. I think this is right up my alley for tons of reasons, but some of the key points are:

  1. Gets me on stage. I like being a point of attention

  2. I won't be the only one on stage, I don't like being the center of attention

  3. Conversational humor! I never thought I'd be good at stand up and essentially talking alone, I always wanted a routine where I had someone to talk to and play off of. This is exactly that.

  4. Nothing like having an audience and being a pseudo-celebrity to get you meeting new people.


So 'Frisco it is. http://www.sfcomedycollege.com/ Mark your calendars for Monday March 8th at 6:30pm where I'll be performing!

1 comment:

Daniel Tosh Destroys an iPad With a Five Iron | WeCharts.com said...

[...] Starting Monday: I'm an Improv Comedian in Training [...]