Thursday, July 9, 2009

My Day Was Fucking Awesome

It really was. Work went really well (technical mumbo jumbo to follow) and I capped it off with Euchre Night at Buck Tavern where I really felt like I was on top of my social skills.

Work rocked because I got ot work with Colin, who is started the project about the same time as me and we seem to think very alike in terms of design. We implemented the bulk of a new importing system that doesn't destroy old data, just modifies it, and does so in small chunks as opposed to one giant monolithic process that could die at any step and force you to start the whole thing all over. It's fucking sweet. The more we do stuff this way, the better I'll sleep at night.

At Euchre night, I had some great games, I had some crawlers. I did a good job of remembering some names, and picking up others as I went. I talked to the Kates. One just moved across the bay from Oakland and works in digital advertising. The other works as a community organizer and also lives in the city. I also played a hand or two with John, Joe, Kerry, Jamie, CJ, Shawn, and Sarah - who had arctic gulls tattooed on her right arm which I asked her about. Apparently they have the longest migration pattern and therefore spend 70% of their lives in the sun. Who knew?

No comments: