Saturday, May 3, 2008

San Francisco

I'm in the later stages of a job interview process with a company called Jobvite. You can Google them to see what they're about, this post is not about that. It's about my search for housing out there. It's a weird city because it's on a peninsula, meaning you don't get normal urban sprawl. My work would be almost on the bridge to Oakland, and I was hoping I could find a place to live that I could walk/bike to. Unfortunately, the BART (train) takes thirty minutes to go 10 miles on the peninsula, and if you're going to the other side of the bay it's basically an hour. I would need to find somethings to do with all of that transit time.

I sent an email to some people I know who might know the area. Jacqui prepped a nice Google map for me of the various districts, where to avoid, that sort of thing. So I'm trying to match that up with postings on craigslist. I really want a room mate this time. i remember going to Cinci and yeah, I knew people, but what I really needed was to live with someone. I remember buying subscriptions to magazines I didn't even want because I was so desperate for human contact. Of course, I could read those magazines on the train... j/k.

1 comment:

nutgatherer said...

Yeah, a roommate is pretty much critical in San Francisco because of how expensive it is to live there. It's one of the most expensive places to live on the planet, but it's incredibly beautiful! I could give you Wendy's contact info as well if you need more assistance.