Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Religion: I am the Problem

I finally started reading. I've been slacking on the reading in general, so I decided to return my Christopher Moore book and tackle this one.

The author makes a convincing argument that humans are flawed, it's in our nature to do evil. He points out that we all drive differently when we're being followed by a squad car. I'm convinced, I'm evil. He goes on to point out that while the world is filled with this flaw of human nature, the best plan of attack, is to look at one's self.

I am the problem.

This is something I feel like I've known for as long as I can remember. If I want to change the world I have to start with myself. If I want people around me to be happier, I have to be happy. If I want people around me to care more, I have to care. Lead by example. I can't ask someone else to do something that I've shown myself unwilling to do. What this means though, is something quite great:

I am also the solution.

No comments: