Monday, October 5, 2009

Name Tags

[caption id="attachment_1800" align="alignleft" width="470" caption="Hello my name is Inigo Montoya"]Hello my name is Inigo Montoya[/caption]I don't understand why people insist on doing a piss-poor job of using name tags. "I'll just write my first AND last name, "Baczakeo Demyanakowskiwitz, on this three inch space... oh,and cursive sounds nice."

WTF? Really? You may as well have drawn a big black line on the tag and called it good.

Or there's always the guy who uses  a very thin, blue ink, ball point pen, the one that should have been thrown out a year ago, but he still likes to chew on this one. Jackass, I've seen darker lemon juice.

So here's the rules: Use a sharpie. Print your first name only. If your name is much more than seven characters, just use a nick name and stick it in quotes. "Anna" is way better than "Annastaslinkakola"... it'll be alright if a stranger calls you Anna for the night, it is way better than the crap the rest of us will try to make up because we can't read your ill prepared name tag.

No comments: