Monday, December 15, 2008

Everything

It's  kinda been a busy week. Let's start at the end. I talked to Salesforce today, and they passed me up for the Agile Coach position, but asked me to come in for another interview after New Year's for a Scrum Master position. The feedback I got was that I lack experience.

Some days I hate being 27.

But I've been sending my resume to about one company per day. Just about anything goes at this point, full-time, part-time, contract, work-from-home. My resume is on Dice, Monster, Career Builder, and I even made a post on Craigslist. Meanwhile, I'm being productive on that front, but I don't feel like I'm getting the footing I want at the good companies.

I made a web app for the iPhone over the last week. It's a referee for fencing thingy. I'm sure I could come up with a better description, but the point is it's got me learning Rails and the iPhone, which makes me more marketable in the Bay Area job market. There's a low demand for .NET out here.

This week I've got 2 tech talks, a half day presentation from Microsoft, and an expert panel on Agile to go to. I fly out Friday for Indiana where I'll get to see my fencers and Matt from my old job plus a few other folks. My grandmother will even be up for Christmas.

Last week, my parents had to put our family dog down. Curly Beau Romper Read Frise, or just "Beau" to those who knew him, would have been sixteen years old next week. We got him when I was eleven, about a year after our previous dog died. His head was so small that when you opened your mouth in front of him he'd stick his whole snout in there and lick the roof. I am sad that he will not be there when I get home, but I suspect he is much happier in dog-heaven where his hind legs work, he's free from arthritis, he has his balls, and there are legs to hump as far as the eye can see. He will appreciate most the awful smelling pig ears, the endless supply of used tissues, and the dirty underwear mountain that dog-heaven has to offer him. Once he tired from the leg-humping, he can always lick between the toes of all of those feet, because that's how he rolls.

In lighter news, President Bush dodges shoes very well, and the Secret Service is slower to react than I would have imagined.

Finally, I went on two dates (same girl) last week. Both dates involved pasta, which is a good thing. One outing also resulted in a bike ride across the Golden Gate Bridge, which is quite peaceful at night. What happens next is up in the air - just like all of life.

No comments: