Thursday, January 24, 2008

My Next PC

I'm in the market for a new computer since my current one is showing it's age. I also plan to change the way I compute at home.


  1. I plan to get an LCD TV "soon" (within a year), 1080p, probably around 42". It'll sit in my living room, I'll hook the Wii up to it. It won't reflect. It'll be great.



  2. Said TV will have DVI or VGA input so I can hook my computer up to it. It'll also have USB hopefully so I can jack in my camera or whatever.



  3. I only use my computer to surf the web and watch movies. I'm not a PC gamer, I don't develop software at home really.



So my dilemma is that I just need a browser and movie player. I can get a crappy browser form my Wii, so if it just played movies, even ones I downloaded it'd be perfect, no PC needed at all (well I'd want a keyboard too, but I'm told some USB keyboards work with the Wii already). Any suggestions? I don't really want an Xbox 360.

No comments: