Sunday, August 16, 2009

Annual Report

I think Matt pitched the idea of himself being a publicly held company, that his "stock", or value in life, went up and down based on the decisions he made and actions he took.

Along those same lines, I thought about the Board of Directors (BoD) for Will Read, Inc. Assuming I'm the CEO, who would I chair for his expertise in areas where I may want to grow? Who understands the core of Will Read's business and can help shape the future?

  • Lara Owen - Head of energy and social things. She's also good at kicking my ass verbally when I'm being retarded.

  • Matt Dickerson - At this point he has more historical knowledge of the company, and a cross section of it's product platform than most. Also a good source of balance and stability.

  • Josh Williams - Because if Will Read, Inc. failed tomorrow, Josh Williams, Inc. would be there to step in and fill the gap.

  • Davis Frank & Matt Magurany - They share a seat on the BoD because they both continue to show me that a) development can be done in a way that doesn't suck, and b) when the development chips are down, it is still possible to stay in it.

  • Anne Radavich -They say that ever if there was a female version of me, it would be a lot like Anne. She is different from Josh in that she shares my traits, and not my mannerisms. Anne is full of surprises, like joining the Army, but like most everyone else on the BoD, has a very level head when approaching life's big challenges.


I feel like my brain could power down and that this team would make the same decisions that I would. There are some areas that are not represented, namely family and spirituality. I feel like there is a lot of room to grow there. Family in the 29th year for sure - there's no choice, the market demands it.

Setting up this analogy seems handy. It lets me identify where I'm investing my time, and it also seems to lend itself to establishing goals for the "fiscal year".

No comments: