Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Business

I think I want to start a business again. But not a small business. Nay, the kind of business with venture capital, the kind with a big idea that hopes to make it big enough to get swallowed up by something huge.

Right now, knowledge is the commodity. Google, Facebook, even Twitter are taking the information you give them, and matching that with demographic info that ad agencies have. I understand that much. Not to mention that I like the ads that marketers think a single twenty-something guy wants to look at vs. a forty-something menopausal woman.

The question I keep asking myself is this: "How do I get people to tell me what they know in a way that is fun or adds value to their lives?" Solve a problem. Provide value. These are at the heart of every successful idea and mistake.

1 comment:

Three Ideas « willIAMread said...

[...] I recently posted about wanting to start a business in order to exercise parts of me that have been sleeping in San Francisco. I realized I already [...]