Friday, August 15, 2008

A Fine Visit

True, I only got to hang out with them for a few hours, but it was really awesome to see Brittany and her boyfriend Jeremy. She kinda brought with her a piece of my history, some of it newish, some of it seven years old.

It was the first time I'd met Jeremy though. He strikes me as a good match for Brittany. They were off to a weekend in Napa paid for by one of Jeremy's clients (he does some kind of web related work). I can't even score a free pair of shoes from Zappos, so I was kinda jealous that they got a weekend getaway for the price of airfare.

But we went to he beach, no one went in the ocean even with just their toes. There were a shit-ton of kite surfers out, then the wind died on all of them, which was sad to see them all self-rescue back to shore. We had a nice dinner at a place on Bay St. and Taylor, then we rocked out the basic version of Settlers of Catan. By then they were pretty dead, having been up since like 3 am and being another three hours ahead. SO they partook in the new furniture (sleeper sofa mostly). Then I saw them for a little bit this morning before I had to take off for work and they had to head for Wine Country.

Good Times.

No comments: